Tips for Consistency and Success
Behavior Tips from Robert Schramm, MA, BCBA
Robert is the author of the fantastic text Educate Toward Recovery: Turning the Tables on Autism
Order the book for more great behavioral advice.
Follow these 7 steps almost religiously:
- Restrict Reinforcers.
- Pair with positive reinforcement.
- Always say what you mean and meaning what you say.
- As often as possible follow good choice making with reinforcement.
- Understand your child's priorities as well as your own.
- As often as possible follow inappropriate choice making with no reinforcement.
- Use mini-consequences to keep your child on target as much as possible.
For information on what these steps mean, and how to do them, buy the book. It is excellent.